By Vidyabhusana Satis Chandra
The writer has during this paintings essentially marked the critical levels of Indian common sense within the titanic interval of approximately thousand years starting from 640 and has traced how from Anviksiki the technology of discussion Indian good judgment built into the technology of information Pramanasastra after which into the technology of dialectics Prakarana of Tarkasastra.
The therapy of the topic is either ancient and significant. the writer has traced a few Greek effect on indian common sense. for example he has proven how the 5 membered syllogism of Aristotle chanced on its approach via Alexandria Syria and different nations into Taxila and received amalgamated with the Nyaya doctrine of inference.
The booklet is among the pioneer works at the topics. It has drawn on unique assets exhaustively. in addition to the preface creation, foreword and desk of contents the paintings comprises numerous appendices and indexes.
Read or Download A History of Indian Logic: Ancient Mediaeval and Modern Schools PDF
Similar logic & language books
Jaakko Hintikka is the writer or co-author of thirty volumes and of a few three hundred scholarly articles in mathematical and philosophical good judgment, epistemology, language concept, philosophy of technological know-how, heritage of rules and historical past of philosophy, together with Aristotle, Descartes, Leibniz, Kant, Peirce, The Bloomsbury staff, Husserl and Wittgenstein.
Within the 20th century, avant-garde events have driven the concept that of paintings some distance past its conventional barriers. during this dynamical means of consistent renewal the status of considering artwork as a legitimizing perform has come to the fore. So it really is infrequently astonishing that the prior a long time were characterised via a revival or perhaps step forward of philosophy of paintings as a self-discipline.
Fresh paintings in argumentation conception has emphasised the character of arguers and arguments besides a variety of theoretical views. much less recognition has been given to the 3rd function of any argumentative scenario - the viewers. This booklet fills that hole through learning viewers reception to argumentation and the issues that come to gentle due to this shift in concentration.
- The Sense of Reference: Intentionality in Frege
- Translations from the Philosophical Writings of Gottlob Frege
- From Instrumentalism to Constructive Realism: On Some Relations between Confirmation, Empirical Progress, and Truth Approximation
- The Complex Mind: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- In Defense of Informal Logic
- Between Logic and Reality: Modeling Inference, Action and Understanding
Extra resources for A History of Indian Logic: Ancient Mediaeval and Modern Schools
68, 68. 69. 70. 7O. 71. 7 L 72.. 72 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78.. 78 79. 80. 8!. 8182. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87.. 87 on the eke Tattva�cin�mm�i. Tattva-cintamani, . ti Page P aa' .. MithHa Bchool School . The JIIithila l1padhyaya. Vardhamana. tJpadhyaya Paksadhara. •. Vasudeva Mlsra V i:::;udeva MH�ra Rucidatta M 1\1 isra isra . kkura Thakkura llhagiratha ' 'l'hakaura '.. . MaheSa Thakaura ' Sankara 'Misra Misra .... Misra (the Yotlnger Younger 01' 01' Junior) Vacaspati Alisra Misaru M isaru Misra .. .
Vada. 414 Negation), Abkava-viida Abltava-v5ria .. a-v1ida Pratyak~a-k1ira'Yfa-viida 416 416 The Atomic Nature of the. /,utva-vada ... -viida i1'vikalpa-vada 418 4 18 Mediate Perception,' Sa, v ikalT AX-vada Mediate Perception; 8avikalpa-vada •. 419 419 BOOK BOOK II. II. r"irll-.. paTfa .. .. pa'l'fa .... 419 Inference distinct frorn Perceptioh frolll Perceptioll . 420 variable Concomitance, Five Provisional Definitions of In Invariable Vyiipti-paiicakam Vyapti-pancakam .. .. .. • .. ~a'rfa a ualified by �on�exiRtence :Non-exiRtence whose Counterpart is q qualified by a Nature Nature fferent Locus, Vyadkikara1fa-dharmJj.
84. 85. 86. 87.. 87 on the eke Tattva�cin�mm�i. Tattva-cintamani, . ti Page P aa' .. MithHa Bchool School . The JIIithila l1padhyaya. Vardhamana. tJpadhyaya Paksadhara. •. Vasudeva Mlsra V i:::;udeva MH�ra Rucidatta M 1\1 isra isra . kkura Thakkura llhagiratha ' 'l'hakaura '.. . MaheSa Thakaura ' Sankara 'Misra Misra .... Misra (the Yotlnger Younger 01' 01' Junior) Vacaspati Alisra Misaru M isaru Misra .. . . Durgadatta Durgada tta Misra De\""anatha Thakknra .... De\"anatha na Thakkura Madhusiida Madhusiidana Thakkura.