By H. P. H. Jansen (auth.), I. Schöffer (eds.)
Read Online or Download Acta Historiae Neerlandicae: Studies on the History of the Netherlands X PDF
Similar history_1 books
During this examine of the agrarian financial system of Punjab in India's colonial interval, the writer takes the industrial points of the lives of Punjab's peasants as a place to begin for figuring out the politics of this team from the Nineteen Twenties to 1947. A comparability is made among Punjab and different areas of colonial India, specially jap India.
The medieval bestiary, or moralized publication of beasts, has loved colossal reputation over the centuries and it maintains to steer either literature and paintings. This number of essays goals to illustrate the scope and diversity of bestiary experiences and the ways that the medieval bestiary will be addressed.
- Los libros de acedrex dados e tablas: Historical, artistic and metaphysical dimensions of Alfonso X's ''Book of Games''
- V. I. Lenin: Collected Works-Volume 31: April-December 1920
- 2006-2011 World Outlook for Organic Foods
- Feminism and Voluntary Action: Eglantyne Jebb and Save the Children, 1876-1928
Extra resources for Acta Historiae Neerlandicae: Studies on the History of the Netherlands X
31. Cf. critical comments in the same vein by MoUat, 'Les problemes de la pauvrete', 21-2. P. BLOCKMANS AND W. PREVENIER LIMIT FOR ELIGIBILITY FOR RELIEF The enquetes conducted in rural areas in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries do not afford an explanation of the criteria on which the eligibility for relief was assessed. In attempting to deduce these, we run into methodological problems which demand more thorough research than was possible. Here are some approximations based on the enquete held in the castelry of Lille in 1543, which gives an inventory of the area of land cultivated by each villager, the tributes paid, the quantity of goods rented, the value of parcels of land when sold, the number of animals kept, etc.
74. Van Manen, Armenpflege, 10. , were made annually. In all, the brotherhood and its members distributed something like 14,688 kg. of rye bread per year - enough for 50 persons. In addition, they provided footwear, clothing and alms on a limited scale. 75 The overall ap- praisal of this example is that this institution can admittedly be credited with tangible accomplishments, but that these did not meet the evolution of poverty and were far below what could have been achieved. Let us now turn our attention to an ecclesiastical institution.
Algemeen Rijksarchief, Brussels, Tn:sor de Flandre, no. 1356. 28. Algemeen Rijksarchief, Brussels, Rekenkamers. Reg. no. 16,102-3; in 1469 there were 105 paupers out of a total of 495. 29. 'Are so poor that they cannot pay .. ' (Archives departementales du Nord, Lille, B 195/25). 30. W. Blockmans, 'Peilingen naar de sociale strukturen te Gent tijdens de late 15e eeuw', in Studien betreffende de sociale strukturen te Brugge, Kortrijk en Gent in de 14e en 15e eeuw, I. Standen en Landen, LlV (Heule, 1971) 227, 231-2.