By John Duggan, Henry Cord Meyer
Read or Download Airships in International Affairs, 1890-1940 PDF
Similar history_1 books
During this examine of the agrarian financial system of Punjab in India's colonial interval, the writer takes the industrial features of the lives of Punjab's peasants as a place to begin for knowing the politics of this crew from the Nineteen Twenties to 1947. A comparability is made among Punjab and different areas of colonial India, in particular jap India.
The medieval bestiary, or moralized publication of beasts, has loved monstrous recognition over the centuries and it maintains to persuade either literature and paintings. This choice of essays goals to illustrate the scope and diversity of bestiary reports and the ways that the medieval bestiary could be addressed.
- Scars in the landscape: A register of massacre sites in western Victoria, 1803-1859 (Report series Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies)
- World Court Digest 2001 - 2005
- The virus : a history of the concept
- Heinrich Leo: (1799-1878) : ein politisches Gelehrtenleben zwischen romantischem Konservatismus und Realpolitik (Schriftenreihe der Historischen Kommission bei der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschaften) (German Edition)
- Late Geometric and Protoattic Pottery: Mid 8th to Late 7th Century B.C.
- La escuela republicana en Francia: obligatoria, gratuita y laica (Volume 71 of Ciencias sociales) La escuela de Jules Ferry, 1880-1905
Additional info for Airships in International Affairs, 1890-1940
Here he argued that LZ3 and its improved successors were most likely to challenge successfully the French military semi-rigids and lead Germany towards world supremacy. 13 The upshot was that Zeppelin’s venture would be supported ﬁnancially by the Empire for its cultural, technological, and military importance; it was also decided that the Count’s invention should be considered for purchase by the Reich, once the rigid airship had completed a 24-hour ﬂight over a prescribed course. Coincidentally dozens of German engineering professors made an appeal favouring the Aeronaut’s airship as of great technological importance in fostering Germany’s world scientiﬁc reputation.
One expert described structural engineer Vincent C. 33 An airplane pilot testiﬁed: When one went to an airship station [in England, 1919–21] and saw what airships could do, and what they did do, and what they had done, and what he hoped they could do, then one became conﬁdent that the present lapse [in airship ﬂying] was purely temporary. He went up to Howden and was taken into R33, and he must say that it was simply like stepping into fairyland. 34 American engineer and businessman Harry Vissering had the same experience travelling with LZ120 Bodensee as Richmond had had.
Technology and nationalism intertwined for greater nationalist dreams and modernist visions. 17 Still, it was not to be initially the success that Count Zeppelin sought – indeed, quite the opposite. Stubborn motor trouble made him turn 32 Airships in International Affairs, 1890–1940 southeastward from Mainz to Stuttgart, where the Daimler works could eliminate the problems. Arrived there, and awaiting the engine experts, a sudden afternoon rain squall tore the airship from its moorings and generated the spark that caused an instant hydrogen explosion.